Thursday, January 29, 2009

January Roots - - - -

After 1 week in the mountains, I came back to kufa for what has been so far quite a busy january in terms of paperwork at least =0 , for a change of pace i planned a roots/reggae soundsystem event.

I'll be perfectly honest, reggae isn't really something I listen to a lot, but I want to try and put on things that aren't necessarily well represented in Luxembourg and I think reggae kinda falls into this category.

for a saturday night we had the small room booming with bass and positive vibes =0
a good deal of very happy smiling dancing people even until the small hours of the morning, something very cool to see, and a different kind of crowd from the usual concerts i tend to go for

basically an awesome experience which i think i'll be repeating at some stage during the year ... have something in the pipeline for june, and maybe again in october, so amidst my 'usual' concerts you'll find a generous dose in the form of some serious positive evenings. (there's some wordplay in there somewhere ;0

//
music for the weekend:

Holding onto Hope

.. think as cities burn meets life in your way + newer underoath

No comments: