Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2nd month , a 2nd start




So it begins =0

I've been at this job for almost 2 months now, still getting to grips with the other side of the music industry.

After 5-6 years playing in local bands playing shows of various sizes and experiencing what it is to try and get stuff moving as a band, I'm now on the other side of the coin as it were.
Instead of sending off band information and asking for shows and or information i'm receiving it, it's strange but also probably a good thing for being able to relate to most of the bands/bookers that contact me for shows.

As for the job i couldn't be happier, it's flexible and above all i get to book and thereafter see concerts of some of my favourite bands =0

The point of this blog is to show the other side of shows/concerts that people might not always get to see, setting up/backstage/sound checks , all the things that go on silently in the background the foundations for what you end up seeing in the evening during one or two hours, as well as my thoughts which will be unavoidable ;0

I'll be trying to take as many photos as possible and hopefully video at some point of concerts/events that I put on here which will hopefully not only interest me, but others as well.

I will try and update this as much as possible with not only the events I'll be organising but also in a typical blog way, thoughts and input on the local scene and the music industry in general.

Here are the upcoming events for 2008 so far:

1/11 - CD release - the disliked (ska punk) + support
14/11 - CD release - quentin lagonza (garage rock) +support

18/11 - Never say die tour . Parkway drive, unearth, architects .. (metal)
22/11 - The Notwist (electro pop rock)

6/12 - bang your head festival , hatesphere,psyke project,exinferis,shaped by fate (metal)

9/12 - Murder by death - (americana / post punk)

19/12 - The (international) noise conspiracy (rock)


//

next update soon =0

No comments: